Location: St. Edmund Hall, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Angelos Michaelides (University College London), Associate Editor, JCP
- David Manolopoulos (University of Oxford), Deputy Editor, JCP
- Peter Hamm (University of Zürich), Deputy Editor, JCP
- Carlos Vega (University Complutense of Madrid), Associate Editor, JCP
- Marsha Lester (University of Pennsylvania), Editor in Chief, JCP
Future of Chemical Physics is an AIP Publishing Horizons conference sponsored by The Journal of Chemical Physics. The conference is designed to facilitate conversation between innovative researchers at the forefront of chemical physics.
The speakers are accomplished and promising researchers in many areas of modern chemical physics. The program is designed to give an overview of the most exciting areas of research that will help define the future of the field. The organizers aim to promote growth at the interfaces of more traditional research areas, so the conference will be diverse and small to encourage opportunities for students and senior scientists to discuss their research, both at meals and poster sessions.
In addition to the invited speakers, the conference aims to attract the best and brightest young researchers in the field to take part and learn about the most recent developments in the field.
Participants will have the opportunity to present their work in poster sessions, for which several poster prizes will be awarded.
The meeting will include sessions that focus on all the major sections of The Journal of Chemical Physics:
- Theoretical Methods and Algorithms
- Advanced Experimental Techniques
- Atoms, Molecules, and Clusters
- Liquids, Glasses, and Crystals
- Surfaces, Interfaces, and Materials
- Polymers and Soft Matter
- Biological Molecules and Networks